Fun, Friendship and Fair Play
The Taunton & Pickeridge Junior Section offer:
- Junior Academy coaching
- Open Competitions
- Regular Junior Competitions
- Short game Challenges/Competitions
- Matches v Local clubs
- Intersection matches
- Highest Golf Mark Award
- County Juniors
We welcome juniors of all ages and standards, providing a fun, safe and positive experience when playing golf.
We consider the welfare of children to be paramount and we have met the official quality standard from the national governing bodies of Golf England.
The club has an active mixed junior section consisting of the fox cubs (those players with handicaps above 28/36) and CONGU players.
We support golf’s unique diversity where players of all ages and skills can play golf together, with the interaction between juniors and adults bringing mutual respect.
Juniors at the club are expected to embrace this respect, conduct themselves to the highest standards, and to always remember that other players may not be as physically able as they are.
Junior club nights are held on Mondays. Please view the diary on the website for details or visit the Taunton & Pickeridge Junior section Facebook page.
Competitions for Boys + Girls over 6,9 and 18 Holes of Stableford & Medal Tournaments, Texas scrambles, Pairs, Matchplay with many Trophies to play for during the year.
These nights also give the Cubs a chance to move from the coaching area to the main course, under the supervision of willing volunteers and a dedicated PGA professional coach’s Ali Williams & Simon Stevenson from our Junior Academy
To join the club, please contact the pro shop for full details.
You have an important role in supporting your child’s participation in golf, and you must take overall responsibility for your child’s conduct at the club, we will endeavour to develop trusting relationships with all junior members, and we encourage parents to satisfy themselves that we are achieving that goal. Therefore we encourage you to:
- Take an interest in your child’s activity, and to support them as they progress.
- Introduce yourself to all adults involved with your child’s golf.
- Find out what the club has to offer.
- Understand the playing restrictions that accompany each category.
- Be punctual when delivering and collecting your child
- Leave emergency contact numbers.
- Advise the welfare officer, of any particular needs, medical or otherwise.
What we expect from you:
- Read and comply with the club’s rules and guidelines
- Familiarise yourself with golf etiquette
- Dress in accordance with the clubs guidelines
- Conduct yourself confidently, respecting other players and members
- County Golf
- Junior Handicap (28-54 or 36-54)
- CONGU Handicap 0-28
- 18+ reduced membership